[Cvsnt] cvs log bug?

Dave Jones davegjones1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 09:52:41 BST 2002

Hi, I've been trying to use the log and history commands with cvsnt to
determine all the commits on a given branch since a tag or the
beginning of the branch.  I've tried all sorts of combinations of
options mentioned in cederqvist but none of them seem to work with the
log command, the only result I get is all the commits on all branches
since some random time (the time the branch was created maybe?).  Am I
right in thinking that the history command has no concept of refining
the results to a single branch? Is this a bug or am I doing something
wrong?

Also, the ouput of the log command is formatted as below:

RCS file: d:/cvs/a/b/c/file.java,v
Working file: /a/b/c/file.java
head: 1.3
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
         BRANCH1
         TAG1
         TAG0
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 3;	selected revisions: 0
Imported from VSS

Why is the 'branch' heading empty - I expected to see the branch name
here?

A selection of my command lines are below, thanks in advance for any
help.

Dave

cvs log -rMY_BRANCH_NAME   [Prints info for files on MAIN _and_ BRANCH]
cvs log -rMY_BRANCH_NAME:: [As above]

cvs history -c -a -r MY_BRANCH_NAME [Prints info with no tag or branch info]