[Cvsnt] cvs nt performance issue

Stuart Yoder syoder at parthus.com
Fri Apr 19 20:14:52 BST 2002

Our organization currently uses WinCVS with the repository
directly accessed through mapped drives.  I would like to move
to a real client/server set up and have been experimenting with
cvsnt.   I have things working, but am having performance problems.

If I issue the 'cvs version' command on the server itself it takes
0.2 seconds according to the cygwin time command.

On a networked client machine machine (Windows) on the network
'cvs version' takes 15 seconds.   Is this in the ballpark of normal??
Other commands take as long or longer.

A 15 and greater second delay on every command may be
unacceptable.

Thanks.

Stuart Yoder
syoder at parthus.com