[Cvsnt] cvs nt performance issue

Henrich Deppenmeier hdeppenmeier at gmx.de
Tue Apr 23 14:57:10 BST 2002

Hi Allen,

as we have a performance problem as well and, please let me ask  about this
part of you mail :

> We had CVS configured to use local accounts, but our developers were using
> domain passwords...

What do you mean with 'CVS configured to use local accounts' ? Do you mean a
cvsnt (Server side) setting or do you refer to a cvs option (client side) ?

I have been evaluating 1.11.1.3 (Build 57) because I want to replace our
current 1.11.1.1 (Build 27) we still use, but the performance gap between
those two was really big. (It took about three times as long to check out a
module).

We are using wincvs 1.3.4.3 beta 4 and do not want to switch to a later
wincvs version in the moment (xx MB Python required).

Thanks in advance,

    Henrich.

>Our experience has been that slow performance is due to the authentication
>scheme being used.
>
>We had CVS configured to use local accounts, but our developers were using
>domain passwords... CVS authenticated the users but only after a
significant
>delay. Interesting that the domain accounts resolved at all...
>
>We reconfigured the clients and have found that performance is on par with
>our linux instance of cvs...
>
>-David Allen

"Stuart Yoder" <syoder at parthus.com> wrote in message
news:aa1fch$6na$1 at sisko.my.home...
I am testing with the cvs.exe progam supplied with cvsnt.

cvs -version shows:

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3  (Build 57c) (client/server)

Thanks,

Stuart Yoder

"Raynald PIEPZSYK" <raynald.piepzsyk at laposte.net> wrote in message
news:000001c1e82c$ab257b90$c302b6ac at abitst6...
Excuse my bad english.
What version of wincvs do you use ?
1.3.8b1 is very faster than 1.3.7b1