[Cvsnt] Default revision numbers for new files.

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Apr 23 22:56:32 BST 2002

Michael George wrote:
> I think there may be a bug in cvsnt related to the default revision numbers
> for new files.
>

> From cederqvist-1.11.1p1.pdf, Section 4.3 "Assigning revisions", second
> paragraph
> [BEGIN]
>     When adding a new file, the second number will always be one and the
> first number will equal the highest first number of any file in that
> directory.  For example, the current directory contains files whose highest
> numbered revisions are 1.7, 3.1, and 4.12, then an added file will be given
> the numeric revision 4.1.
> [END]

It's working fine, according to the text above:

cvs add foo.txt
cvs commit -m "" -r 4.12 -f foo.txt
cvs status foo.txt
File: foo.txt          	Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:	4.12	Tue Apr 23 21:41:06 2002
    Repository revision:	4.12	/usr/local/cvs/CVSROOT/foo.txt,v
    Sticky Tag:		4.12
    Sticky Date:		(none)
    Sticky Options:	(none)

cvs add bar.txt
cvs commit -m "" bar.txt
cvs status bar.txt
File: bar.txt          	Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:	4.1	Tue Apr 23 21:45:57 2002
    Repository revision:	4.1	/usr/local/cvs/CVSROOT/bar.txt,v
    Sticky Tag:		(none)
    Sticky Date:		(none)
    Sticky Options:	(none)