[Cvsnt] How to get the oldest version of a multimerging of tags

Brusset, Mathieu Mathieu.Brusset at parexel.com
Thu Apr 25 17:05:36 BST 2002

Hi,

At present, I have to work with a multiple project environment. This is used
for a web development.
My way to use CVS is the following.

I have a tag which include my actual running website.

Each project is going to be treated by a team. When a project is finish, the
team is going to tag, files that have been changed.
So each project have a tag. Then I want to build the result between my
project tag and my initial tag.

for exemple there is :
1. Initial Tag : build0
2. Project1 tag
	project1 use the following files:    home.htm V1.2
					index.htm V1.6
					accuel.htm V1.3
					merging.htm V1.1
and this project is running well, on the local test environment.

then there is project2

2. Project2 tag:
	project2 use the following files:    home.htm V1.3
					index.htm V1.4
					accuel.htm V1.2
					merging.htm V1.5

and this project is running well, on the local test environment.

My purpose is to merge the tree tags and to get a result with the lastest
version of each files. The lastest version of the tags, not the real lastest
from the repository.

Do you have an idea about the way I have to choose ? What have I to do ?

thanks,
Mathieu Brusset
Parexel
mathieu.brusset at parexel.com