[Cvsnt] CVS Build Tools

Rui Fernandes rui.fernandes at parexel.com
Thu Apr 25 18:55:21 BST 2002

 Hi,

We are in the process of testing and understanding CVS so that we can
implement it here for web development.  The issue that I am running into, is
that we have about 15 developers working on any number or files and some
projects are of short duration while others are long term projects.  We need
to be able to create "build" list from the "project" tags that we have in
cvs, Example:  Build2 = Build1 + Project1 + Project2
In other words I needs to get the newest files from Build1, Project1, and
Project2.  Keep in mind that Build1 will almost always have file colisions
with Project1 and Project2.  So the goal is to retrieve the most recent
files that have been tagged with either Build1, Project1, or Project2.  This
would then allow me to tag the resulting file set with the Build2 tag.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Rui