[Cvsnt] Does CVS for NT work with RAID 5??

Falser Klaus kfalser at durst.it
Tue Apr 30 07:37:05 BST 2002

In article <99731562E9D8D14C8F08CE560104FA7C24FA54 at sea-
1250.fulcrum.net>, cshreve at fulcrum.net says...
> Emil,
>
> I agree.  What you say is most likely correct.
>
> However, for me the only difference between a working CVS install and a non-working CVS install is
> if the CVS repository is on a RAID 5 device or not.  It seems to work great on other 'normal' drives.
> 'Non-working' should be qualified here...it means I can init the repository AND login...but not checkout
> directories.
>
> Strangely enough it works if I set my CVSROOT environment variable to K:\cvsrep.  It doesn't work
> if I set my CVSROOT environment variable to:pserver:joeblo at cvs_server:K:\cvsrep
>
> So it seems to have something to do with the pserver protocol.
>

> ????
>
> Chris

<snip>

Just some ideas.
Do you have pserver impersonation switched on and the the user does not
have the (NT) permission to access the directory?

CVS also uses a different user than "joeblo" if the third field in the
passwd file is filled.

--
Klaus Falser
Durst Phototechnik AG