[cvsnt] cvsweb problems

Eugene Kovelman EKovelman at mws.com
Wed Aug 7 15:51:24 BST 2002

Hello, somebody help please !!!

I have been at this for 2 days, this is the second time I attempted setting up CVSWEB, first time worked flawlessly, this time, it has been a headache.  Here is my environment.

CVS is a Windows 2000 Server

my repository is on

d:/cvsrepo

my cvstemp directory is

d:/cvstemp

my locks directory is

d:/cvstemp/locks

I have walked thru the instructions about 5 times already, there is no issues running cvsweb.cgi to display the root, but once you try drilling down, I either get nothing displayed other then Previous link or I get the following :

Server error!
Error message:
Premature end of script headers: cvsweb.cgi
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500

A weird part is that if I point cvsweb to a non cvs folder I can navigate the directory sturcture, but no files are displayed, however if a cvs folder is used if there are any files put there via cvs I get the above error.

I think this is some sort of a permissions issue on 2000, but I am either too blind to see right now, or I am going insane.  Please help.

Thanks,
Gene

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and immediately and permanently delete it and destroy any copies of it that were printed out.   Any opinions or advice contained in this message are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any applicable governing agreement.