[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT with DOTNET?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Aug 12 21:29:51 BST 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:18:50 GMT, bo.berglund at telia.com (Bo Berglund)
wrote:

>OK, so I opened the cvsnt.vcproj in DOTNET and tried to build but it
>failed...

...snip ...

>I do have a krb5.h file in the cvsnt project structure and VC6 is able
>to find it.
>
>What do I need to do in DOTNET apart from checking out the cvsnt
>source and open the vcproj file? Or should I open another file?

OK, I did as follows:
1) Tools/Options/Projects/VC++Directories/IncludeFiles/NewLine
   and browsed to cvsnt/krb5/include/krb5.h

2) Tools/Options/Projects/VC++Directories/LibraryFiles/NewLine
   and browsed to cvsnt/krb5/lib

After this exercise the cvsnt project built ok.

Might be good to know for those that need to be able to build cvsnt
themselves that this actually was less hassle than getting VC6 able to
build cvsnt. Installing DOTNET and opening the updated source and then
pointing include and lib like above seems to be all that is needed.

Note:
the Kerberos stuff krb5/ is not part of the cvsnt repository, but is
needed so it has to be obtained elsewhere. I got it from Tony's site
at:
http://www.cvsnt.org/krb5-1.2.2-cvsnt.bin.zip

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)