[cvsnt] Re: Migrating from CVSNT 1.10.8 to 1.11.1.3 (57g), howto?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Mon Aug 12 22:53:25 BST 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:45:56 +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:

> Hi,
> I noted the recent discussion on the missing dll:s in the 57g setup
> and since I was just about to upgrade our production server to
> 1.11.1.3.57g from 1.10.8 I got a bit worried...

The missing dlls only matter for the nightly builds, which are done on
VS.NET (it has a nice command line utility to do batch builds).

The installshield release is compiled using VC6, since there's no
installshield packages for the new MFC and Runtime yet.

> Questions:
> 1) Will the install succeeed? Especially, will all needed runtime
> libraries be OK?

Everything required is in the installer.

> 2) What is the best procedure to follow considering that this machine
> is running the cvs service from the ntservice.exe file?
> Should I do as follows (which is how I see the procedure)?:

Seems fine to me.