[cvsnt] List of Modules from the Server - cvs ls -

Oliver Giesen giesen at lucatec.de
Tue Aug 13 09:15:48 BST 2002

> thanks for your answer - but  "cvs ls" did not work - unknown
> command to
> cvs.

It has to be supported by both the client and the server executable.
AFAICT it is available from 1.11.1.3 beta 9 onward (most recent stable
release recommended of course).
Also read my reply to you on the CVSGUI list.

> So I have two new questions:
> 1.)  Do the later versions (later than 1.11.1.1) of cvsnt include a
> macro or an command to get the module names?

Yes. See above. As for the WinCvs macros, see my postings on the
CVSGUI list. They should work with a 1.11.1.1 server, too. I strongly
recommend updating your WinCvs installation anyway however. From your
previous choice of words concerning the macro menu items, I assume you
do not have Python installed. This would be required to run my macros
(v2.2.1 recommended).

> (With "getting the names of the modules" I mean, that the
> user who just
> uses WinCVS can find out the modules which his or her colleagues had
> committed to CVS ).

Both, my macros and cvs ls do this. The cvs ls command offers even
more information and you can properly filter by tags/branches, which
my macros do not do, as I just realized.

> 2.)  What do you mean with "manually editing the
> CVSROOT/modules file so
> that the macro work"?
> Which file could be manually edited?

Please read: http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_18.html#SEC157
(The very same text is available from WinCvs' online help BTW. Go to
Help|Help on cvs-1.10, section References/Administrative
files/modules)

> Which macro would then work ?

Again, please read my reply on the CVSGUI list. The "Get the cvs
modules" Python macro or its TCL equivalent "List the modules on the
server" both do work on the $CVSROOT$/modules file, which is described
in detail in the link given above.

Hope this helps.

Oliver
JID:	ogiesen at jabber.org