[cvsnt] Mismatched host name error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Aug 22 06:24:02 BST 2002

Looks like you are running old software. Please reposrt the versions
of both the client (WinCvs) and server (presumably CVSNT).
Also note that this list is about issues with CVSNT, it seems like you
are reporting problems with WinCvs. This product has its own list...
/Bo

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:17:12 -0400, "Nguyen, Linh"
<Linh.Nguyen at ccra-adrc.gc.ca> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I run into a rather peculiar problem.  Our CVSROOT is set up in lowercase,
>e.g. wh03b635.  I recently switched to a new client machine, and the client
>WinCVS on this new machine was configured with the CVSROOT in upper case:
>WH03B635.  I added a few new modules and suddenly I can no longer update
>multiple subdirectories.  I can still update the individual subdirectories
>though.  The error is as follows:
>
>cvs [update aborted]: cannot add new CVSROOT
>:ntserver:@WH03B635:c:\CvsRepository
>
>I edited the Root files on the client machine to change all the CVSROOT to
>lower case, then the error turned into:
>
>cvs [update aborted]: cannot add new CVSROOT
>:ntserver:@wh03b635:c:\CvsRepository
>
>I need to be able to perform update at a parent directory level (the app is
>simply too large to update by the individual modules).  Anyone knows a fix ?
>It's very much appreciated.
>
>Linh Nguyen

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)