[cvsnt] cvsnt 57g under Redhat 7.1 - some problems

Gerhard Stegemann GStegemann at csi.com
Fri Aug 23 12:09:21 BST 2002

I ran a few tests running cvsnt under Redhat 7.1.  Basically
to test a notification script.

I have installed the scripts (cvslog, cvsprep) in the CVSROOT
directory of repository, which didn't cause any problems.
But every time something is committed into the repositories
CVSROOT the execution permissions are removed by cvsnt.
Is this expected? Or is there a configuration parameter to
avoid this.

The two other problems are that a simple ALL clause in loginfo
containing some UNIX command always fails with "No such file or
directory". But all commands do exist. Are there any specific
requirements to execute UNIX on the path?

And also the server fails to remove a lock file. The path to the
lock file exists, but the lock file itself seems not to exist
anymore when the server attempts to remove it.

| E:\TEMP\CVSROOT>edit modules
|
| E:\TEMP\CVSROOT>cvs commit -m "Module mess added."
| cvs commit: Examining .
| Checking in modules;
| /devel/cvsroot/CVSROOT/modules,v  <--  modules
| new revision: 1.6; previous revision: 1.5
| done
| E cvs [server aborted]: cannot exec (echo ""; id; echo "CVSROOT
modules,1.5,1.6"
| ; date; cat) >> /devel/cvsroot/CVSROOT/commitlog: No such file or
directory
| error
| cvs server: Rebuilding administrative file database
| cvs server: failed to remove lock dir /var/lock/cvs/CVSROOT/#cvs.lock: No
such file or directory

Are this specific cvsnt Linux problems?

--
Gerhard Stegemann