[cvsnt] cvsnt 57g under Redhat 7.1 - some problems

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Wed Aug 28 00:30:17 BST 2002

Gerhard Stegemann wrote:

>>It was disabled in Unix CVS ages ago because it is apparently dangerous.
>

> Just being curious, why is this dangerous?

I'm not sure...  Something to do with device inodes, links and other
combinations of stuff I think.  The obvious answer to me is to not
handle these and just do the read/write/execute bits, but the cvs
developers decided to disable the whole thing (probably simpler, since
the code is all over the place at the moment).