[cvsnt] CVSROOT problems for remote clients & updated CVSNT

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Fri Aug 30 08:14:07 BST 2002

Actually this will not work as it introduces extra slashes. The problem is that
the repository is sitting directly on the drive root and if you use the control
panel applet to set the root (by navigating to the drive root) it will be entered
as C:/. In comparison if the repository is sitting in a subdirectory like this:
C:\CVSREPOS\Repository
then using the applet to set the prefix and navigating to C:\CVSREPOS it will
be entered as C:/CVSREPOS (note no trailing /).
Now when someone uses a cvsroot setting like :pserver:me at server:/Repository
CVSNT will expand this to:
C://Repository (in the first case)
C:/CVSREPOS/Repository (in the second case)
obviously the first case will cause an error because of the double //.
The only way I have found of setting the prefix to the root of the drive is to
do as follows:
1) Use the applet to set it erroneously to C:/
2) Use Regedit, find HKLM/Software/CVS/Pserver
3) Edit the entry for RepositoryPrefix by removing the trailing /
4) Stop and Start the CVSNT service (net stop cvs, net start cvs from command prompt)

Now the prefix stuff should work OK.

This problem in the applet may have been fixed in the latest build (57f), but
I have not checked this.

/Bo