[cvsnt] duplicate cvsroot problem

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at uscybersites.net
Mon Dec 2 14:09:02 GMT 2002

Hi!

  I'm using CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build 62) and have encountered a weird problem
with other clients. It manifests itself with error messages like:
> cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
`c:/cvsroot/c:/cvsroot/prj1'
> (c:/cvsroot/c:/cvsroot/prj1/#cvs.lock): Invalid argument

  I can duplicate this problem with the usual UNIX cvs (1.10 `Halibut')
and with MacCVS Pro, which was rewritten from scratch, and is totally
different from it. Still, everything is OK when using cvsnt command-line
client.

  Here are the details of what I'm doing. I have a CVSNT 1.11.1.3 (Build
62) server on Windows 2000, with a repository root "c:/cvsroot". No
repository prefix has been set.

  When I checkout project prj1 with a UNIX client:
> cvs -d :pserver:user at 123.45.67.89:c:/cvsroot checkout prj1
  I get a full path in CVS/Repository file:
> c:/cvsroot/prj1

  So, and attempt to make a commit gives the quoted error message.

  But with CVSNT's command-line client  and the same command, the
CVS\Repository file contains just
> prj1

  If I manually delete the full path from the CVS/Repository, everything
seems to work OK, but that's a real pain :(.

  Is it something that I'm doing wrong, or a bug in CVSNT?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov.