[cvsnt] Re: [cvsgui] Re: error on commit

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Dec 3 16:25:21 GMT 2002

The reason for the strange multiple emails you get is easy to tell:
It is because if one is not using the CVSNT newsserver (which I can't do at work
due to silly firewall rules) and so is using the mail list then the only way to
respond to the list is to "Reply All" and *then remove* the original poster from the
address line.
Just using "Reply" only gets the address of the original poster into the To: field and
the list is all gone. This is a "feature" that to my knowledge the CVSNT list does not
share with any other list I have ever joined. On those list a reply gets the list address
and nothing else.
So if you then forget to remove one of the addresses (easily done) there will be two emails
sent...
This issue was discussed one or two years ago at the beginning of my subscription to the
list, but Tony Hoyle has a different view and I stopped nagging about it. After switching
to the newsserver it also was no problem, because there you actually do post only to
the server. Pity I can't use it at work though...

I will try to remember in the future to remove your actual address from the To: field :-)
Oops, almost forgot it this time again....

/Bo