[cvsnt] Problems with LockServer

Alberto Barbati abarbati at ubisoft.it
Wed Dec 4 15:47:45 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm using CVSNT build 62 and having hard time with the LockServer.
Apparently randomly, locks are not released. Chances increase if someone
performs a recursive operation that involve a large number of files. When it
happens, even the user who allegedly owns the lock is unable to perform any
operation. Usually, stopping and restarting the LockServer fixed the
problem, but it just now got worse... I am now getting the message

cvs server: [15:21:52] waiting for Unknown User's lock in C:/cvs/somedir

and restarting the LockServer does not help anymore. I am completely locked
out of the database. I switched back to version 57j, but to no avail.

I'm now going to revert to LockDir. Am I the only one who's having this kind
of troubles?

Alberto Barbati
Lead Tools Developer
UBI Studios Milano, Italy