[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 5 20:48:38 GMT 2002

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Or use an automated build script that increments the version number,
> compiles and links the executables, updates the change log, builds the
> installer, tags the sources, and optionally uploads the installer to
> e.g. SourceForge.

There's already 3 machines involved in the build process (1 NT and 2 Linux).
Each is automated, but I've never got around to sorting out automatic build
numbers...  The release doesn't go out unless it builds cleanly on both NT
and Linux, so I'm usually pretty confident that the code is right.. in fact
pretty much the only thing that than go wrong is the tagging, and I've only
forgotten that once since I started doing it.