[cvsnt] Permission denied executing scripts

Nicholas Yue nicholas.y at NOSPAM.immersivetechnologies.com
Fri Dec 6 02:43:24 GMT 2002

Hi,

    I have added a line in $CVSROOT/verifymsg to run a script to check the
log message whenever a user commit their changes.

    I have been able to trigger the running of the MS-DOS batch file if I
have administrative/login previliges on the machine running CVSNT.

    In my setup, we have a domain controller where all the accounts are
held. To access the CVSNT machine, I have created a group CVSUsers on the
CVSNT machine and added the domain accounts to that group.

    The users are able to go about checking in/out, branch, merge etc..

    Now, when I added the running of a batch to triggered by verify message,
the "ordinary" users reported that they receive a cvs server message saying
that the are unable to execute the script.

    I don't know if this is a CVSNT server or Windows security question.

    Does anyone have similar setup?

    I am not allowed to enable administrative privileges for the domain user
on the CVSNT machine.

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue