[cvsnt] Re: Virus protection gets in the way...

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Dec 7 01:48:56 GMT 2002

Bo Berglund wrote:

> It turned out that this was a vbs file and apparently this was a no-no
> for the antivirus stuff that our IT department is pushing out to all
> PC:s on the domain. Could not get this to work so I had to go another
> way and not use the vbs file at all...
> Of course this was on the client side so it was not as bad as Tony is
> fearing, but nevertheless quite annoying.

If it turns out that the server side corruption is AV related I'll just have
to lock it down so that the server won't run if it detects AV software.
For me the repository integrity is paramount...  I'm not risking any data
loss.  If the client crashes, big deal...  If the server is affected then
it's simply not safe.

Of course we haven't proven that connection yet, so it would be premature to
do anything right away.