[cvsnt] Dayly snapshot broken again!

Richard Wirth r.wirth at wirthware.de
Mon Dec 9 12:46:29 GMT 2002

Hello Tony,

the tonights snapshot is broken somehow...
When I did checkout or commit all went well, but tag is broken:

cvs server: Tagging .
cvs [server aborted]: cannot rename file
l:/CVSBASE/AVendor/AProject/AModule/,BuildCount.h, to
 l:/CVSBASE/AVendor/AProject/AModule/BuildCount.h,v: Permission denied

cvs [tag aborted]: the :: access method is not supported by this port of CVS
<<<<<

The access method is SSPI.

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 (Daily Snapshot Build 63) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 1.11.1.3 (Daily Snapshot Build 63) (client/server)

build using the sources of last night (checked out at 8:00 this morning)

And I get an anoying 'bing' sound from my cvs srver, when ever a cvs
action gets done!
When I start it via 'cvsservice -test' I get an access violation in
win32.c::wnt_cleanup(). The variable 'client_protocol' has an invalid
value.
This is because the respective protocol dll is already unloaded in
server.c::server()::server_cleanup().

Call stack:

unload_protocol(const protocol_interface * 0x01578560 _sspi_protocol_interface) line 120
server_cleanup() line 4296 + 12 bytes
server() line 4559 + 7 bytes
cvsguiglue_main(int 0x00000001, char * * 0x009e5928) line 1081 + 14 bytes
main(int 0x00000003, char * * 0x009e4fb0) line 222 + 33 bytes

afterwards SYSTEM_CLEANUP() is called by cvsguiglue_main() an we get
this access violation...

Is it the wrong place to call SYSTEM_CLEANUP() or are the actions
taken by SYSTEM_CLEANUP() wrong or is server_cleanup() the wrong place
to call unload_protocol()??

--
Best regards,
 Richard                          mailto:r.wirth at wirthware.de