[cvsnt] RE: Problem upgrading to build 62

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 12 17:39:17 GMT 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:27:56 +0100, Bo Berglund
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>The problem is that when I run the setup I don't see the install option...
>It only says "Modify", "Repair" and "Remove". It also talks about maintenance
>of the program... I think that this is because it has detected that the same
>software has been installed before and so I am now only doing some extra stuff
>like adding an option or the like.
>
>This is how Microsoft/InstallShield does stuff.. :-(

Strange.. it doesn't do that here, but it doesn't surprise me that
those test machines do something different from the rest of the world
- they seem to be able to break software in the most imaginative
ways...

Have you had any luck with the Innosetup installer?  There are things
that still bug me about it (like always selecting 'full' install by
default) and it's got at least one bug (try hitting the back button
from the antivirus warning page), but I might give it a shot if it's
no worse than IS.