[cvsnt] CVSNt Build 62 : Login Problem

Amit Beria aberia at hojaiglobal.com
Fri Dec 13 12:34:29 GMT 2002

Hello All,
We are evaluating CVS to use as the version control at our organization.We have tried to install WinCVS Build 62. The CVS Server is a windows 2000 machine and the client are Windows 2000, NT machines.

I am able to install the cvs correctly - client as well as server. We are using pserver protocal. We have to create manually the passwd file which has a entry aberia:<blank password> , it did not work. Therefore, I got a passwd file from a previous version with a encrypted password , but then also I was not able to log on from the client.

The error mesages I am getting are :
1)  with a incorrect password*:
 	cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server ServerCvs rejected access to c:/cvsrepo/test for user aberia

2)with correct password*:
	Fatal error, aborting.
	cvs [login aborted]: achamaria: no such user

  * passwrod is copied from the cvs1.2 installtion.

Also, I am not able to create user . The error I get is that Only the administrator can create users.

The documents I am following are:

http://w1.858.telia.com/~u85831169/InstallCVSNT.html

http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/tools/install.htm#CVSCLIENTINSTALL

Questions:
1. How to connect to wincvs server using pserver protocol?
2. How to create new users, because we want to use it organastion wide?

Amit Beria