[cvsnt] Re: Application error - cvs.exe - SSPI with encryption causes server crash

Bo Snihurowych bsnihurowych at spambucket.gpelearning.com
Mon Dec 16 20:06:58 GMT 2002

"Tony Hoyle" <tmh at nodomain.org> wrote in message
news:3dfe2588.26343109 at news.cvsnt.org...

> Try the release nightly.  It will produce a crash dump I can
> (hopefully) analyse and find out what the problem is.  A couple of
> people have reported this but I've not been able to repeat it.

I just tested today's build.  The server crash problem disappeared, although
I'm still getting a bunch of "cvs server: cannot open directory [directory
name] for empty check: No such file or directory" errors. This happens with
encryption on or off, so I'm assuming it's more related to my inexperience
with CVS than the encryption bug.

It doesn't appear that a data dump was created, as the server did not crash.
Please let me know where to look--if I find one, I'll send it along.

Regards,

Bo Snihurowych