[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Tue Dec 17 23:10:17 GMT 2002

> >> Experimental ssh support, client & server (server is ssh2 only).
<.snip.>

> It supports 'cvs login' so you don't have to use an RSA key.  If you
> want to, use keys anyway you use login but specify the key &
> passphrase instead:
>
> cvs -d :ssh;key='d:\my key':server:/repository login
> Password: <passphrase>
>
> You need to use openssh v2 (or v1) format keys which puttygen is able
> to export.  Currently cvsnt doesn't support encrypted v1 keys (because
> then encryption is non-standard and I'm far from being a crypto
> expert!).

Hmm, I'm stuck far earlier already.

Is there anything I have to do in order to activate the :ssh: protocol? Even
though I have chosen it upon installation and the DLL is indeed there in my
CVSNT directory, cvs info does not report it and trying to do something like
cvs -d:ssh:whoever at whereever:/cvsroot whatever
just tells me that the :ssh: access method is not supported by this port of
CVS...

I already tried un- and re-installing, but to no avail so far... :(

Cheers,

Oliver
JID: ogiesen at jabber.org
ICQ: 18777742