[cvsnt] Re: [cvsgui] Re: Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Arvind Raman arvind_raman at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 09:39:00 GMT 2002

Thanks a lot Mike,
I guess I have finally been able to understand the
problem. The link that u sent was definitely helpful.
I guess the only thing the doc doesnt talk about (or
doesnt say that explicitly) is the fact that the CVS
ignores the -kb option even if specified.
Anyways, what I did to get over the problem is to
import all the files excpet for the ones which were
identified as Unicode files. Checked them out to some
other location on my comp and then manually added the
files (the ones which were initially being identified
as Unicode) as binary (-kb). This did work.

Arvind