[cvsnt] Crash using Builds 62/63

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Wed Dec 18 12:52:33 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:41:21 +0100, Juanma Barranquero
<lektu at terra.es> wrote:

>I was using CVSNT Build 62 and upgraded to Build 63.
>
>When doing any operation against the server I get a crash:
>
>> The instruction at "0x100086c7" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Build 63 won't come up with that message, it will come up with a
dialog offering to save a crash dump.

This implies either you're not really running build 63, or it's not
cvsnt that's crashing, it's something else....

>BTW, I have McAfee Viruscan installed, but I'm doing the tests with it
>disabled. I wouldn't bet is not interfering somehow, though...

You could try uninstalling it.  Disabling antivirus tools doesn't
always remove their side effects.