[cvsnt] Re: [cvsgui] Re: Unable to correctly import *.tar.gz archives

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 19 12:15:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:58:00 -0800, Mike Ayers
<mike.ayers at earthling.net> wrote:

>	My guess is that you are working in client server mode with a CVS
>server, which will only import as text, while Oliver is working either

Untrue.  You can import as binary as long as either your
CVSROOT/cvswrappers is correct and/or you are using the correct -W
options.  I have done this many times and can assure you it works.

See 'How to handle binary files with cvs import' in the CVS manual.