[cvsnt] Re: Latest updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 19 18:06:24 GMT 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:43:55 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>Anyway, I've now upgraded my puttygen and after also updating cl32.dll
>be replacing it with the one from the release snapshot I no longer get
>the 'could not read...' error. But now it tells me that my (password
>or) key is incorrect. Could this be because instead of clicking
>Generate as you said, I used Load to load my existing private key or
>could there be something else wrong?

That means everything is working, but the remote server rejected your
key.  There could be any number of reasons for that...  Presumably you
have already uploaded your public key to the remote server?

I've noticed sourceforge does this, but without getting root access
I'm not going to be able to find out what they're doing special
there...  Best to stick with password auth for that until I work it
out.