[cvsnt] pserver login not working any more ?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Dec 23 22:41:11 GMT 2002

David Nexen wrote:
>>ICS shouldn't make any difference here.  Not sure what ICF is I think
>
> that's
>
>>XP only, although if you can connect I'd expect it to work - what do you
>>get if you telnet to port 2401?
>
 > Telnet localhost 2401 seems to work no message from telnet that tells
that
 > it doesnt work.
 > I get a cursor with nothing ?

If you hit return it should print 'bad auth protocol start' then exit.

The initial connect comes from cvsservice, and the error message comes
from cvs.exe... if you get both then they're at least communicating.

> I make an error, in fact i haven't norton installed, it was installed in my
> I have no anti-virus for the moment !
> I try to change the attribute "real only" in my cvs repo dir, but niothing
> change.

If you're getting the -1 error it's more fundamental than that (probably).

Another thing to do is to shut the service down on the server and run
'cvsservice -test', then connect and see what gets printed.