[cvsnt] Wrong username being used on login, and how to remove zombie editors?

Richard Kuo rkuo at nowhere.org
Tue Dec 24 19:29:22 GMT 2002

I have a couple of questions about using WinCVS with CVSNT.

First problem for us is that occasionally we find that when we attempt to
change logins (typically when a developer is working on a different machine
and changes the CVS login to use his account on that other machine), for
some reason WinCVS and Igloo absolutely refuse to change their CVSROOT.
This is a horribly horribly frustrating problem and we cannot for the life
of us figure out where it is storing that old CVSROOT or why it's using it.

The second problem is that we have editors of files.  Frequently this
happens when a dev is working on some files and the system crashes or he
accidentally removes the dev tree locally without unediting first.  How do
we remove that developer as being listed as an editor from the server?