[cvsnt] access denied, help a newbie

Robert Blanton blantonre at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 23:06:58 GMT 2002

Hi all,
  I'm new to cvs and am trying to get the nt webversion up and running.  I
have apache installed and can see the default page.  Perl and RCS is
installed.  I have a repository but nothing is in it yet.  When I try to run
http://localhost:80/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi
I get an Internal Server Error and the error log says:

[Tue Dec 24 17:49:55 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (720005)Access is
denied.  : couldn't spawn child process: D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi

I've reread the Install and Readme files but can't seem to figure this out.
I thought it might be a problem with RCS so double checked the ENV-PATH
which is:

# remember to set the path to your
# rcsutils: rlog, rcsdiff (gzip if you use compression)
#$ENV{'PATH'} = "E:/RCS/bin/win32/rcsdiff.exe;E:/RCS/bin/win32/rlog.exe";

I am running this on NT.  Can a guru point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

Bob