[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows how to install ViewCVS??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 25 00:53:51 GMT 2002

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 16:57:46 -0500, "Microsoft News"
<jpownell at ne.mediaone.net> wrote:

>Did you enable python in the web directory tha contains the python scripts
>in IIS?

I simply did as instructed to install, ran the installation script and
it supplied these errors:

C:\download\ViewCVS\viewcvs-1.0.dev-win-r2>python viewcvs-install
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "viewcvs-install", line 36, in ?
    import viewcvs
  File "lib\viewcvs.py", line 62, in ?
    import popen
  File "lib\popen.py", line 29, in ?
    import win32popen
  File "lib\win32popen.py", line 8, in ?
    import win32process
ImportError: No module named win32process

C:\download\ViewCVS\viewcvs-1.0.dev-win-r2>python
Python 2.2 (#28, Dec 21 2001, 12:21:22) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> ^Z

The second command shows that python is on path, but I don't know what
to do about the first part. I forgot to say in my original post that I
am trying to install on an XP-Pro box where I have IIS and CVSNT
running.

So I am nowhere near setting up the IIS part, it fails right up front
at the very first command I am using.... :o(
Needless to say I know nothing about Python, haven't ever looked at a
Python source...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)