[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows how to install ViewCVS??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 25 14:21:31 GMT 2002

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:05:56 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:24:53 +0100, Bo Berglund
><bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>>I tried using the 1.0-r2, but got errors right up front:
>>C:\downloads\ViewCVS\viewcvs-1.0.dev-win-r2>python viewcvs-install
>><snip>
>
>Are you using ActivePython as the ViewCVS readme suggests? It has
>everything needed by ViewCVS.
>
>http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePython/windows/2.2/ActivePython-2.2.2-224-win32-ix86.msi
>
>Greetings,
>Martijn Laan

I don't really know, how can I see which Python (if there are many
flavours) I have installed? The setup file when started only says it
is going to install Python 2.2 for Windows.
OTH the README for ViewCVS says any Python higher than 1.5 should do
and mine is 2.2...

Maybe this identifies correctly if what I have can be used (command
session output):
C:\Programs\Python>python
Python 2.2 (#28, Dec 21 2001, 12:21:22) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> copyright
Copyright (c) 2001 Python Software Foundation.
All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (c) 2000 BeOpen.com.
All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (c) 1995-2001 Corporation for National Research Initiatives.
All Rights Reserved.

Copyright (c) 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam.
All Rights Reserved.

I think that I have the version that does not create problems with
WinCvs 1.3 when installed, whatever that might be.
The link you provided above leads to a Windows Installer (msi) package
(uuurk), what do I do when I have already installed the Wise version
2.2? Uninstall first, then install and hope for the best?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)