[cvsnt] Re: Anyone knows how to install ViewCVS??

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Dec 25 15:23:14 GMT 2002

OK,
I copied my old Python install to a safe place, then installed
ActiveState:s and proceeded. Now I did not get the install errors, but
instead I have found myself up against getting it into my IIS server.
There is no directions whatever that I can find on how to install on
an IIS system, except "copy viewcvs.cgi to cgi-bin".
Such a dir did not exist so I had to create it, then I copied the cgi
file over.
I then edited the viewcvs.conf file to reflect the structure on my
CVSNT server according to the sparse text.
Doing that of course has no effect on my server....
When I enter http://altair/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi into my Internet
Explorer the only thing that happens is that it displays the cgi
script text, not anything from my CVSNT repository...
I must be doing something basically wrong here, but lacking
installation information does not hel either...

Do you have it up and running properly on IIS 5.1 or higher? If so how
did you get it there?

/Bo

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:05:56 GMT, mlaan at nospam4me.cs.vu.nl (Martijn
Laan) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:24:53 +0100, Bo Berglund
><bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>>I tried using the 1.0-r2, but got errors right up front:
>>C:\downloads\ViewCVS\viewcvs-1.0.dev-win-r2>python viewcvs-install
>><snip>
>
>Are you using ActivePython as the ViewCVS readme suggests? It has
>everything needed by ViewCVS.
>
>http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePython/windows/2.2/ActivePython-2.2.2-224-win32-ix86.msi
>
>Greetings,
>Martijn Laan