[Cvsnt] Latest Updates

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Sat Feb 16 03:12:35 GMT 2002

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> They are identical files on both servers, and both download with the
> correct mime type from here.

I just verified by using lynx -mime_header, and the Content-Type header
is "text/plain" for the tar.gz files (not the .EXE files). Internet
Explorer works okay because it ignores the Content-Type header when the
URL ends with "tar.gz", but Mozilla always honors the Content-Type
header, and so presents the file as a text document.

 > I suspect you are going through some sort
 > of proxy that is out of date?

I very much doubt a proxy problem because (a) I'm not sure our
university is even running a proxy, and (b) I've never experienced
issues like this before. When I download the precompiled installer
files, the left one is 3.09 MB (3,245,719 bytes) and the right
("mirror") one is 3.10 MB (3,257,674 bytes). When I use the 3.09MB
version, there is no "cvs ls" command because it is beta 7. the 3.10MB
version contains "cvs ls" and it is beta 8a. That is how I noticed the
difference. I tried this with Internet Explorer, Mozilla, and (on a
computer on a different network) lynx.

Thanks,
Brian