[Cvsnt] Latest Updates

Tony Hoyle tmh at nothing-on.tv
Tue Feb 19 15:13:48 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:17:21 +0000 (UTC), Brian Smith
<brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu> wrote:

>Here are few inconveniences regarding setup:
>
>(1) If you add a new repository, you have to completely close the
>control panel applet and then re-open it for the server to "see" the new
>repository. This is because the applet doesn't write the registry key
>for the new repository until you push "OK" to close the applet. I think
>it would be better to create the key directly after initializing the
>repository (when the user pushes OK in the "Enter path to repository"
>dialog box).

There is an apply button for this.  Property sheets are supposed to
work this way - changes don't get entered until you confirm them.

>(2) When installing using the "custom" setup type, if you change the
>destination folder in the "Setup Type" panel, when you push "Next" your
>chosen destination folder gets overwritten with the default in the
>"Choose Destination Location" panel. I think you can just remove the
>"Choose Destionation Location" panel altogether and use the destination
>chosen in the "Setup Type" panel.

That looks like an installshield problem.  I'll look at it - I can't
control the look of the installation (it's predefined) but there might
be a way of making it behave properly.

>(3) It seems that it is not possible to install a new version over the
>old one directly when using the installer. Instead, you have to remove
>the old version with the installer, and then run the installer again to
>install the new version. It would be nice if there was an "upgrade"
>option in the installer that did this sequence automatically. That would
>be simpler for people that upgrade often.

It should upgrade automatically, but again that's installshield - I'm
far from an expert in how to use it.