[Cvsnt] pserver problem

rele at gmx.de rele at gmx.de
Thu Feb 7 13:12:44 GMT 2002

Hi!

I use cvsnt build 49 and have pserver problems too.

WinCVS: cvs -d :pserver:newuser at 127.0.0.1:M:/Repository2 login
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from 127.0.0.1: cvs
[authserver aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN VERIFICATION
REQUEST

Eclipse SDK: the same with BEGIN AUTH REQUEST

cvsservice -test (instead of net start cvs) results in:
CVS 1.11.1.3 Beta 7 (Debug Build 49) (Feb  2 2002) starting in test
mode.
Adding repository M:/Repository2
TEMP/TMP currently set to N:\TEMP
Initialising socket...ok
Impersonation is enabled
Starting auth server on port 2401/tcp...
CVS initialised successfully
0ebd034c: Process 00000084 started
0ebd0392: Process 00000084 terminated

Every login try results in these two lines (with differnent numbers).

I tried every combination in the CVSROOT/passwd file (including
uncrypted-password and empty password):
alias:crypted-password:system user
system user:crypted-password

Can somebody give me a hint?