[Cvsnt] CVSNT + WinCVS --> Windows 2000 + IIS

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 1 19:44:32 GMT 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 16:59:41 +0000 (UTC), "Jean-Marc Molina"
<goa at ifrance.com> wrote:

>Is there a simple way to install:
>CVSNT + WinCS on Windows 2000 + IIS.
>I tried a lot of things, I read all the docs and
>I can't find anyway to have a full working CVSNT
>server.
>
>    Thanks,
>Jean-Marc Molina
>Email: jmmolina at ifrance.com
>Web: http://goa.ifrance.com

Depends on what you consider "simple"....
In any case I have the system running on a Win2000 server with:
CVSNT 1.10.8, WebCVS (or was it CVSWeb.. I keep forgetting) which of
course needs IIS to operate. I don't run WinCvs on the server
obviously, since it is not meant to be used from the console anyway.
It sits in a locksd server room. But I have WinCvs on a number of
W2000 and W-XP machines.
CVSNT is a snap to install.
WinCvs is a bit less so since you have to also install TCL and Python.
CVSWeb (??) is more of a hazzle to install and get running with all
the permissions an all, especially on a domain. But I got it running
too.
So, yes it is very possible, but not always simple...

Did you look at http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/ ?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)