[Cvsnt] WinCvs DST bug - repost

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Thu Feb 7 10:48:41 GMT 2002

Well - thats not quite enough:

<quote source=devguy>
To remedy this...

1. Extract the files from the "patched" WinCVS from the CVSNT Page on top
of your existing WinCVS 1.2 program folder.  Or, upgrade to the latest
version of WinCVS 1.3.
2. Follow the CVSNT readme which describes how to turn on GMT mode, or just
run this registry file on all clients for each user account that needs CVS
access.  You need to change the registry on all clients, not on the server.
You also must run the registry script from each account that uses CVS on
the machine because it's a user setting, not a machine setting.
</qoute>

So - the UTC.reg adresses point two of the above - I would still need the
"patched" WinCvs...

However - I've found a work-around: if I disable the "Automatic daylight
saving time" everything works fine. My clock is set from a server anyway,
so i do not benefit from the "Automatic daylight saving time" setting.

Med venlig hilsen

Jørgen Møller Larsen, KMF
Nykredit Data
email: jml at nykredit.dk
Tlf. direkte 96 35 50 69

                    "Flavio
                    Ferrari"             Til:    <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>
                    <ferrari.f at la        cc:
                    ben.it>              Vedr.:  Re: [Cvsnt] WinCvs DST bug - repost
                    Sendt af:
                    cvsnt-admin at c
                    vsnt.org

                    2002-02-05
                    12:20
                    Besvar
                    venligst til
                    "Flavio
                    Ferrari"

From: <jml at nykredit.dk>
[OMISSIS]
>overcome the WinCvs 1.2 DST bug in advance.
>According to devguy there's a patch to WinCvs 1.2 that should fix this -
>but where can I find this patch? It doesn't appear to be on
[OMISSIS]

Go to http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/#DST. Here you will find an
explanation of the DST problem (maybe you have already read this help).
Inline (you missed it) there is a link to a file called "UTC.reg". This is
the patch to solve your problem.

It must be run on all clients (by each user using WinCVS) and installs a
register key.

Best Regards,
Flavio Ferrari