[Cvsnt] How can checkout CVSROOT/modules

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 7 07:02:38 GMT 2002

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002 02:52:40 +0000 (UTC), "Steveneo"
<steveneo at 21cn.com> wrote:

>I solve the problems, :), only change "/" to "\"  :cvs checkout
>CVSROOT\modules
>BTW, how can I know how many projects(modules or directories) does a CVS
>reponsitory contain? such as I use "dir" or "ls" command. Is it impossible?

Yes, it is in principle impossible to do that using cvs.
There is a command (forgot the name) that looks in the modules file
and sends the result back, but this is only meaningful if someone
constantly updates this file manually. So it is of no use.
To be able to browse the repository you need another service running
on the CVS server. The one I use is CVSWEB and you can read more here:
http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#CVSWEBIIS

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)