[Cvsnt] Secure Linux Client Access

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Fri Feb 8 06:51:34 GMT 2002

I have exactly one user that would like to access the CVS repository
from a linux box. The server is CVSNT with NTSERVER authentication. What
is the easiest way to support this one user's linux client in a secure
manner? I want to support this user without affecting all the other
users that all (will) use TortoiseCVS in NTSERVER mode.

I know this user can interact with our domain's KDC so that he can use
his Windows 2000 domain login on his linux box. Is there some way to use
NTSERVER mode with the linux client? Or do I have to do something
special to enable full Kerberos support on server side? If I have to set
up Kerberos on the server, where can I find information about how to do
it? The README.NT just says "consult a Kerberos expert."

Thanks,
Brian