[Cvsnt] [commit aborted]: cannot rename file / could not open lock file - how to solve it?

Nascendi nascendi at poczta.onet.pl
Mon Feb 11 09:23:34 GMT 2002

Hello,
I have problem with WinCVS 1.2 and CVS NT service 1.11.1.2 on Win2k.
I can not successfully commit any change, including file removal.
After the 1st trial the message is:

    cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file /..../,aa_usr.awk, to
/...../aa_usr.awk,v: File exists

After the 2nd one, when the ,,-file has just been created, the message is:

    cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file `/..../,aa_usr.awk,':
file exists

It's doubtful that any other program locks any cvs file.
I was trying with cvsntserver running and stopped - there is no difference.
I also tried in ntserver mode as well as Local mounted directory.
The rest of cvs functions seems to work well.
Would anybody be so kind to help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nascendi