[Cvsnt] cvswrappers - Server or Client use?

Lear Ton please at nospamthankyouverymuch.com
Wed Feb 13 07:04:47 GMT 2002

Who uses the file cvswrappers to detect file types?  The CVS server or the
CVS client?  I am using the netbeans client and it seems like the
cvswrappers file in $CVSROOT$/CVSROOT has no effect whatsoever, so I assum
it is the cvs client that actually uses cvswrappers???

Ie.

1. CVS client sends a file to CVS server
2. CVS server checks the cvswrappers to detect the file type...(I think this
step is not being done at all)...
3. CVS server checks the file in.

Any insights?

Thanks...