Vedr.: Re: [Cvsnt] ntserver

Mark Robinson blobbybirdman at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:22:28 GMT 2002

>There can be serveral reasons for a "pipe 6 error" e.g. the machine (bg1)
>can not be reached from your workstation.
><example>
>NEW CVSROOT: nupo:s:/dsource (NT server services)
>cvs -q checkout -P ebank (in directory D:\projects)
>cvs [checkout aborted]: Couldn't connect to nupo, named pipe error 6
>*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****
></example>
>
>Can you ping bg1? If not cvs cannot connect either. What exactly is the
>error message you get?

Yes I am able to ping the machine and also access the
machine over the local network.

The exact error message is as follows:

cvs -d :ntserver:bg1:C:\CVSREPOSITORY init
cvs [init aborted]: Couldn't connect to bg1, named pipe error 6

*****CVS exited normally with code 1*****

--
Mark Robinson
Research Programmer

http://strc.herts.ac.uk/bio/markr/

If it's good for ancient Druids, runnin' nekkid through the wuids, Drinkin'
strange fermented fluids, it's good enough for me!