[Cvsnt] Cant get any remote protocols working - please help

Russ Freeman news at freesoft.co.uk
Sun Feb 17 13:08:41 GMT 2002

Your a star - it worked!

I actually started out with build 41 but I think some of the advice on the
devguy site threw me a bit which meant that install got broken. My remedy
was to install 51 in a hope that it would work. It didn't. I then ended up
fighting with build 51 on both the client and server to no avail.

By uninstalling everything on the client and server and reinstalling build
41 it is not working with the ntserver protocol, which is great.

I guess my feedback for the CVSNT development effort is this:-
- need to look into why ntserver protocol is troublesome since 41
- instructions for CVS newbies (me) need to be revised (perhaps taking
devguy notes as basis + readme )
- keep up the good work! CVSNT will mean we can get away from a SourceSafe
setup which is a toy compared. Thanks!

Thanks again,
Russ

news:3C6ECC50.8020802 at uiowa.edu...