[Cvsnt] Permissions for changing files in module

Koen no at ssppaamm.com
Wed Feb 20 09:53:45 GMT 2002

So, is this a good way (if there are still "bad things" in here, please
correct me...):

1. Make a user account on the domain (or local computer) for each CVS user

2. Use pserver protocol with impersonation
No ntserver protocol, because: (1) in that case the NT passwords must be
sent over the net and they are easily decrypted, and (2) we also need to
access the repository from Linux machines...

3.Use a passwd file to control who has access to the repository
So: each user on the domain has two passwords to remember: his domain
password and his CVS password.
And only the administrator can set the password, not the user himself...
In the passwd file this will look like:
    user1:CVSPassword:user1
    user2:CVSPassword:user2

4. use NTFS permissions to control access over files/directories (this can
only be done by the CVS administrator...)

Does this look OK now ?
If you still have remarks, please let me know.

Koen

news:3C72B20A.8010409 at nothing-on.tv...