[Cvsnt] Does Ntserver authentication over a VPN required that the dispara te LANs be trusted domains?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Feb 20 21:26:40 GMT 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:32:40 +0000 (UTC), bo.berglund at telia.com (Bo
Berglund) wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:21:32 +0000 (UTC), "Russ Freeman"
><russ.freeman at NO-SPAM.ergnosis.com> wrote:
>
>>Related to this, I use CVSNT on top of the standard Win2000 VPN via
>>TortoiseCVS. Because TortoiseCVS is an explorer extension I don't have the
>>option to submit a net use command. However it still works. It seems that as
>>long as you have an account on the server with the same name and password as
>>that on the client machine it will work.
>>
>>Russ
>>

>I use a W2000 VPN connectrion quite often too, and I have been forced
>to make a drive letter mapping on the CVS computer (but not to the
>drive where the repository is located) in order to make WinCvs
>connect.
>But I have not checked this behaviour after I switched from NT4 to
>XP-Pro recently. Maybe it's enough with the VPN login now, at least
>for Outlook the login is now gone. It was there always when I used
>NT4.
>Will test this later tonight..

Have checked now and I can report the following:
After connecting via VPN (domain login) I no longer need to have a
drive letter mapping on the CVSNT server. It works anyway from WinCvs.
The setup:
Client computer is an XP-PRO on a workgroup
VPN server is W2000 Server running RRAS VPN on a domain
CVSNT is a W2000 Professional on the domain

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)