[Cvsnt] Problems using chacl

heiko.denk at fh-reutlingen.de heiko.denk at fh-reutlingen.de
Wed Feb 20 11:27:37 GMT 2002

Hi,

here is what I did:

1. Checked out module TEST as user guest.
2. Used chacl to change permissions for user guest to n.
  (On a different machine with a different user)
   File  .perms looked like:
	default:n
	guest:n
3. Changed file in module TEST.
4. Checked it in as user guest.
5. It worked, although permissions were set to n for user guest!

6. Deleted module TEST out of my sandbox.
7. Tried cvs co TEST as user guest.
8. Got the following message: cvs server: User gast cannot access
/TEST. This is ok.

9. Deleted TEST from sandbox.
10. Used chacl to change permissions for user guest to r.
  (On a different machine with a different user)
   File  .perms looked like:
	default:n
	guest:r
11. Checked out module TEST as user guest.
12. Changed file in module TEST.
13. Checked it in as user guest.
14. It worked, although permissions were set to r for user guest!

I used cvsnt Beta 9 (Build 52) and cvs.exe from cvsnt on Windows 2000
clients.

greetings
Heiko